Thursday, November 1, 2012

1 Year

Our 1 year anniversary was exactly 11 days ago. However it feels like it's been forever, both the length of our marriage and the time that's passed since our anniversary:) We decided to celebrate our anniversary the first week of October because I had fall break and we knew I was not going to miss school to go somewhere, so off we went. But before we headed out Newel just got so excited to give me my present he pulled it out early. I never thought I was much of a jewelry kind of girl but when he pulled out those cute little boxes I fell in love. Then he opened the boxes to show me what was inside, beautiful. But I'm going to make you wait until the end to see what it is. Newel was the trip planner and he took us to Brian Head/Cedar Breaks. I'm still not actually sure if the area is Brian Head or if we were just staying at a Brian Head resort? Here is a run down of our fun activities.
  • Hiking. Until I hurt my foot.
  • Temple Session in St. George. Whitest temple I've ever seen, I also felt like Jasmine at my palace.
  • Discovering fun things in St. George. Brigham Young House, old time candy shop, antique shops, tabernacle building.
  • Watched Aladdin at the Tuachan Theatre.
  •  Eating at weird places. Brian Head area does not have the best places to eat.
  • Playing horseshoes.
  • Reading/sleeping in fishing boats. It was a great last minute activity for a gimp girl.
  • Relaxing in our King size bed. Have to get me one of those.
  • Watched some conference.
  • Went swimming.
I think that covers just about everything for our trip. It was the same place we started our Red Rock Zions race, so it was fun to go back and explore the area more this time around.
For our actual anniversary we decided to stay at our apartment and have a relaxing Sunday. I made roast and attempted English roasted potatoes. They actually turned out quite good, but of course I've never had the real thing. Then we ate the top of our wedding cake. It was disgusting, plain and simple. After that fun adventure we spent the rest of the day just hanging out with each other. I can't believe it's already been a year! Time really flies when your busy graduating, moving, getting jobs, having fun. Now that I list those things I realize I was just a tag along in all those situations, good thing I'm stuck with Newel! It's been a great year, can't wait to see what the next one holds.





















2 comments:

  1. ohh! I love those little boxes too! I LOVE pearls! Looks like you had so much fun! Enjoy enjoy enjoy...for one day you will have kids. then all your trips will be a disaster...hahahaaa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Lovvvve this. And I love you guys

    ReplyDelete